Labels

01 July 2011

Licorice and Fairies...

Welcome to day two of the new releases for this fortnight at Little Miss Muffet stamps.  I think there were some hiccups with Blogger yesterday, so we didn't all manage to get our cards posted, but fingers crossed everyone will be up and running today!  Pop over to the Little Miss Muffet Challenges and Release blog to check the others out!

I have another two cards to share today... 

Firstly, here is Licorice...





































































This little sweetie is from the Sugar n Spice Doll collection and is available today at Little Miss Muffet stamps!  I have used papers from October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket.  The flower behind Licorice is cut using my Slice machine and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.. I've had it in my stash for a while now.  I'm not usually a fan of green, but I do think Licorice looks good in green.  Licorice is coloured with copics (see below for details).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Belli Challenges: The letter G (green for me)
Diva's by Design - Die cuts and punches
Stampavie and More - More than 3 layers
Stamps R Us - There was a little girl (second entry)

For my second card today, let me introduce Fairy Adela (and her puppy Dida) Inventing...











































































These new fairies are so much fun to colour!  The colour up so quickly!  I have based this card on a sketch from Make My Monday, but I did deviate a little bit...

The papers are from My Mind's Eye and the flourishes are fuzzy rub ons from Prima.  The bottom right corner flourish is my tribute to the floral theme at Make My Monday.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.  I have used copics to colour Adela and Dida (see details below).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Make My Monday: Challenge #4: Sketch and floral
Flutterby Wednesdays - Include a butterfly, fairy or an angel
Truly Scrumptious Challenges - Challenge 60 - Things with wings
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes

Here are the copics I used for these two images:


















































So, that's it from me this fine Friday folks!  I'll be back tomorrow I hope if our weekend guest trip doesn't turn out to be too hectic!

Happy Friday!

Arabella Chickie in Glyfada, Greece

15 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Shes definitely my type of Fairy up for anything. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Fabulous coloring and the fairy completely caught my eye when posting my entry to Flutter By Wed so I had to come get the details!!!

Donna said...

Amazing cards as always Arabella, I especially love your fairy card, the colours are stunning and so is your colouring. enjoy your weekend. hugs Donna x

Danni said...

Wonderful cards!! Love your coloring! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards, thanks for joining in with us at The Paper Shelter, this week.
Kevin xx

Fliss said...

A very pretty card and great background.
Thanks so much for joining in at Make My Monday.
Fliss x

Berry said...

Fabulous work and stunning colours thanks for sharing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

ChickieChirps said...

Love how you've done Licorice's hair. Very clever with the shine and particularly like the little shiny dots at the right hand side.
Ah, so these are your new fairies!
BB

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a great job you did coloring her hair! Nicely done, its almost the color of my daughter's hair, I need to take lessons from you! Very pretty creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!

Cazro said...

Thanks for entering your second card into the Make My Monday sketch week. Super fairy and background, love the colours. Cheers Caz

Unknown said...

wow what a beautiful cards .. beautiful colors and a lovely image:)
Thank you for your participation in the challenge to the SAM.
Hugs New DT Marika

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

These are both darling! Licorice IS good in green and I love how you embellished her card, especially those dew drops. ;D Adela is gorgeous in sepia colors and I love the corner embellishments and key added to the card. *Hugs

bente_me said...

Beautiful card. Adore the fairy stamp, such a cutie. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious
Hugs Bente

Kiki said...

Wow, both cards are fantastic! But the first one is my favourite, love the colours you've used!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM.

Hugs, Kiki

Marilyn said...

Lovely cards. Very cute images and fab layouts and papers.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn