Labels

18 July 2011

Summer Fun!

Happy Monday everyone!  We had a pretty easy weekend this weekend with just an overnight guest trip and back on the dock last night by 7pm.  I tried a new recipe on the guests for dessert called Vanilla Creme Brulee Cheesecake and it was really good, so I will share it here later in the week.

Today we have a new challenge at Pollycraft chosen by Marit and it is Summer Fun!  There were some fabulous entries for the Great Outdoors challenge last week.  We hope you can all join us again this week for the Summer fun challenge.  Do head over to the Pollycraft challenge blog and check out the fabulous projects from the design team if you get a chance!

Here is my card:





































































Doesn't Sonny look ready for a beach party?!  The papers I have used are from October Afternoon and the ribbon is from my stash.  I have coloured Sonny with copics (see details below).  I have used the sketch from this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Sketch 110-32
The Secret Crafter Challenge #143: Holidays
Designed2Delight Saturday Challenge: Let's go to the beach
Prairie Fairy Fridays: On Holidays
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: Summer

Here's a close up of Sonny:

























And these are the copics I used:




















Have a lovely day!

Arabella Chickie in Lavrio, Greece

24 comments:

Joey said...

Arabella this is gorgeous, stunning colourwork lovely and bold,. fab card. Joey x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love that image.
luv
Debby

Lou Mac said...

Her multi coloured dress is gorgeous!! I love all of the bling around the multicoloured panel too!!

Perfect sentiment - love that font!!

Cannot WAIT for the Vanilla Creme Brulee Cheesecake Recipe!! YUM!!

xo, Lou.

Genevieve said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, so bright & fresh. Fab detail & I love all the stitching. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Paula L said...

This is beautiful Arabella... your colouring is awesome!!

ooooh, Creme brulee is my absolute fav!! and wouldn't say no to cheesecake either... ;)

xxx

Curly said...

Wow this is gorgeous I love the background papers and your colouring is awesome,

have a lovely day,
Hugs Bridget,:0)x

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card. IL love your choice of papers. and Sonny is colored to perfection. I love how you popped her. I loved the muli-colored dress and co-ordinating papers to go with it. Supe cute card! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, now isn't this the sweetest card ever!!!!! Love that image and your coloring!!! Gorgeous fun papers too!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Faye said...

How funny, I just stopped by to see you and I saw a comment from you pop up in my e-mail! Spooky! I think this is faberoony. Love these bright funky papers and the super yellow flower is a gorgeous touch. xxx

Francesca said...

Beautiful Holiday creation
Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER Saturday Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Anita said...

This is beautiful Arabella. I love your coloring and your papers are so pretty. Love that bright flower too ... it all looks so summery. Mmm, dessert sounds good :)

Alice said...

love the pretty, summery colors and paper you used for this. so beautiful and delightful! super card, Arabella!

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card Arabella, love the papers and you colouring is amazing.
Hugs Emma x

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one stunning card I love everything about it,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 143 Holidays I hope you join us again next week,

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Sharon Basel said...

Wow this is a great card! Your coloring of the image is fantastic and i love all your creativity with the sketch. The papers you chose are perfect and so pretty. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon :)

Mary J said...

Stunning colouring, Arabella! Adore this!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful coloring and great summer colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

BrossArtAddiction said...

Beautiful job! Great summery themed DP! Lovely displayed image too!


Thanks for playing along with us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx FFF/DT

Cazza said...

I love the bright colour combo of your card Arabella and you've coloured Sonny perfectly! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Cor* said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like all your colors and papers & coloring is divine! Thanks so much for being on holidays with us at FFF this fortnight! Don't forget that Prairie Fairy Designs has a HA----YOOG Super Summer Fun Sale of 35 images & 10 sentiments for one great price! Come check it out.

Helen said...

Fabulous 'holiday' card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Michelle said...

She is just adorable!!!! OMG and your coloring as well is awesome. I only hope that one day I can color my images half as good as yours. Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight!!

Kim Mc said...

Absolutely fabulous and beachy, Arabella! Your coloring is gorgeous and I adore that paper with the image! Thanks for playing in my "Let's go to the BEACH!" challenge at D2D! Hope to see a wondeful creation from you again in the near future!
Aloha, Kim Mc
D2D DT

lisbeth said...

Greate card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy