Labels

08 March 2011

My first Shabby Chic/Vintage Card

Wow!  Three cards in one day!  I'm on a roll.  I just have to get all these cards posted before the challenge deadlines though...    

So the challenge this week at Paperplay was for a Shabby Chic/Vintage look card.  I haven't done one of these before, so I was going to leave it, but I really like some of the ones I have seen around blogland, so I thought I should really give it a go.  After all, the whole idea of these card challenges is to challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone right?

Here is my card:










































The papers are from October Afternoon.  The image is from Buzzcraft (purchased from Funky Kits).  The seam binding and lace are from The Ribbon Girl.  Two of the crochet flowers are ones I made and the largest one is from Prisma.  The sentiment is two cobbled together from Pollycraft.  The image was coloured with copics (details to follow).













































Here are the copics I used:

























You know, in the end I really liked the way it turned out so much that I made another card today based in this look. I will post that one later in the week.

Ciao for now!

Arabella Chickie in Lavrio, Greece

7 comments:

Paula said...

oooohhh Arabella!! this is gorgeous... I LOVE it!!!
Paula xx

Dorcas said...

Wow!! Gorgeous flowers!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How adorable! What a sweet image! and I love this style of card your created! It's beautiful!
hugs, margie

Alice said...

this is so very sweet! love your coloring on the image and the flowers are so pretty! lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning!

AB

Céline said...

really cute card, love the crochet flowers.
thanks for playing with us at paperplay
hugs
céline

ChickieChirps said...

Ooo, interesting! Great to see you out of that comfort zone!
Though I do so love what comes out of your regular card-making elf factory!
BB