Labels

12 July 2012

Butterfly Kisses

Good morning!  It's a lovely day today!  We have a bonus weekend off this weekend (unheard of in the summer) and we saved our day off during the week so we could have a long weekend!  Yay!  My husband and I are off to Santorini for a mini vacation.  I really hope the hotel is nice... I'm always so disappointed with the Greek hotels...

Anyway, I have a simple card to share with you today using the Little Miss Muffet rubber stamp, Butterfly Kisses:



You probably can't tell, but I actually stamped her with a dark brown (sepia toned) ink instead of my usual black for a slightly softer look.  The extra butterflies come with this image.  She is coloured with copics and the papers are a mixture from my scrap stash.   The sentiment is a sticker from SRM and the corner embellies are from Make it Crafty.  I followed this weeks sketch at Feeling Sketchy:

Here's a close-up:

Copic colours used to be updated later...

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Feeling Sketchy: Week 15 sketch
Make it Monday: Linky Party

That's it from me today!  Don't forget to check out my teamies' fabulous creations for our new challenge that started today (Circles) on the challenge blog!

Ciao!

Arabella

21 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just simply stunning, love the colours that you have used too, gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

Mette said...

Super card Arabella. Love the soft tones and lay-out. This is such a great image with the little butterflies.

Hugs, mette

Faye said...

You have rocked this sketch. The softer ink colour works really well and I luuurve the pretty colours. xx

Joey said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun. Joey x

Sue said...

stunning card Arabella. The image is gorgeous and I love the layout and colours. The sentiment is just perfect

Hugs Sue

Jess S said...

another fab card! I love the colours you've used... :) Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy again this week :)

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Lovely card Arabella. I love your colouring of the stamp, and I love how you have positioned her as it looks like she is sitting on the edge of the circle. Thanks for playing along again with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle

Jane said...

Hi saw you on MIM, fab card. You will love Santorini, gorgeous island. Hope you like your hotel...ours was great, we stayed in Kamari. Hugs,Jane xI

Rachel Parys said...

How pretty! Love the butterflies above her! I have seen many people using the brown ink lately, I think I will have to pick some up! Gorgeous card!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Arabella! I love the layout and sweet image! Great coloring! Have a wonderful long weekend!

RiNNE said...

Have a wonderful mini vacay! I've always wanted to stay in Santorimi- thnx for the tip on the hotels! Your card is lovely!

Mary J said...

So pretty Arabella! Love how you did the distressing and the sweet butterflies!

Maria Therese said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute ♥♥ Love your card sweetie ♥

Pia S said...

What a lovely version of the sketch! Lovely papers and colors, a pretty card. Spotted this on MIM.

Annette Allen said...

so sweet...love all those butterflies..

Shelby said...

Such a sweet design and love how you've distressed the circles!

Shelby

Anonymous said...

OH WOW! You did amazing with this sketch, way to go! You really rocked it, thanks so much for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Lisa Minckler said...

What a great idea to stamp with Sepia. I'm going to have to give that a go. Your card is adorable..love the circle theme and beautifully colored image. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Card. Love the image and colours. I saw you on MIM.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

The soft colour stamp is definitely different - far softer - quite, quite gorgeous.

Just BTW... that tutu you sent our littlest faerie has gone down an absolute treat! She adores it and swans around the house pointing her little toes and twirling about.

xxxx

AB

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Live IS good! I love how you added the pearls on the circles and that you have three butterflies on there - such a fun an simple layout but you've brought it to life! Love the chippie corners too. :D