Labels

02 July 2012

Kite Flyin' - Some Odd Girl July Challenge

Hiya!  Sorry this is late!  We've been working this weekend and just got back and for some reason I thought the 1st of July was tomorrow!  Oops.

Our trip this weekend was a relatively easy one... six guests, lots of wind, two anchorages, one dinner, one breakfast, two lunches, one cut finger, no burns, lots of snacks, one set of white sheets covered in make-up, no major dramas.

So, are you ready for another fun Some Odd Girl challenge!  We had some awesome entries into our colour challenge last month!  This month we have a sketch challenge for you!  I used Kite Flyin' Mae... one of my fave Odd Girlies!




















Can you work out what the sketch is supposed to look like?  Probably not, so here it is:





















It looks CAS, but it doesn't have to be... you can embellish to your heart's content!  Check our my teamies' fab cards... we have all interpreted the sketch slightly differently.  Here are a few more pics of my card... Can you tell I'm not a big fan of rectangular cards?  I always tend to make square ones...










































And a close-up of Mae:





















Here are the copics I used:

















We hope you can join us!  You have the whole month to play along, so break out your Some Odd Girl stamps and get stamping!

Arabella

15 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Love love love loooooooooooooove your card!!

Faye said...

Oh come on, we both know James Bond was lurking in the background... he's got your back. :)

This is a faberoony card. I love the pearl swirl, because it rhymes and coz it looks great with Mae, sort of windy. Scrummy colours too.

See you tomorrow. xx

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Totally GORGEOUS Arabella!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Arabella. Such a lovely image, coloured beautifully and those colourful papers are fabulous. I love the ribbon detail too.
Hugs Sue

Unknown said...

wow - lovin this... the colours are scrummy and the pearl swirl is just the perfect touch xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Aww this is adorable Arabella! I love your beautiful colouring of her hair and the layout and flourish are so pretty :)

Rachel Parys said...

She is gorgeous!! I loved her when I saw this on the SOG blog this morning! I totally have the perfect image already colored up for this challenge, but I couldn't seem to get the time to get to it today! ugghh..

Anonymous said...

hope that wasn't your finger that got cut?

xxxx

AB

Annette Allen said...

so gorgeous...I love how you added those lovely pearls and that ribbon is amazing...Lovely coloring..

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Great take on the sketch and I love the charm and pearls on there! I haven't seen this image before but love it with her kite! :D *Hugs

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Love your card! Beautiful coloring and I love that ribbon! I also didn't realize the 1st was sunday lol :)

Shelby said...

Too fun of a card! Love the polka dotted kit and the pearl swirls rule!

Shelby

Lou Mac said...

Heart! <3
Love her HAIR!! and those polka dots on the kite. So cuteeee. xo

Lou Mac said...

Oh WOW!! LOVE the glow on the front of her - very neat colouring!! I quite like the card, especially the swirls!! xo

RiNNE said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring is wonderful!!!!