Labels

26 September 2011

Pollycraft Monday Challenge #112

Good morning all!  Another week, another Monday... they just keep coming!  

This week it was my turn to choose the challenge theme and I decided to go with 

Tags and Bookmarks

Our sponsor this week is The Crimson Cloud and they are offering the lucky winner 3 diecut packs of the winner's choice.


I decided to make a bookmark for the challenge as I made some last Christmas for gifts for friends and they seemed to be a hit, so I thought I would start making some more for this Christmas.


I know the orientation is a bit different from most other people's bookmarks made in this style, but I like to have my image lined up with the book...  it must be the 'Squary' in me...

Isn't Gorgeous the perfect image for a bookmark?  He looks so bookish with his big eye and monoglass!  I have coloured Gorgeous with copics and kept the bookmark simple as I think it will be for a guy.  I have added Glossy Accents to the monoglass.  The paper is from October Afternoon and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.

Head on over to the Pollycraft Monday challenge blog and check out what the others have made for this week's inspiration!

I would like to enter this bookmark into the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes #88:  Anything Goes
The Squirrel and the Fox #1: Anything Goes

Here are the copics I used:

Happy Monday!  If everything is going well, my apartment will currently be full of people packing and disassembling furniture right now, and this time tomorrow I will be unpacking in our new apartment!  Woohoo!

Have a lovely day!

Arabella Chickie in Glyfada, Greece

13 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Veeeeeeeery cool bookmark ♥

Larissa said...

Very lovely bookmark Arabella! Love your monster and your colouring is always so pretty!

Hugs,
Larissa

Joey said...

Love your bold bright colours on him, its gorgeous. Joey x

Faye said...

I'm with your on image orientation, it's the OCD in me! Boxes, I like boxes. Clean ones. Anyway, fab bookmark, fab challenge, sorry I missed it. xxx

RiNNE said...

Wow, your coloring is just fabulous, my dear! Love how he's lined up with the book and how his elbow peeks out. Clever design!!

Jenny said...

What a fabulous book mark! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Kathleen said...

Great monster! Fab bookmark too
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs Kat
PSDT

Anonymous said...

Hadley and I absolutely adore this bookmark!

Hope the move goes smoothly and look forward to seeing some photos of your new 'home'. Sounds wonderful.

Sorry I've been so quiet this past while. Very, very limited access to a computer/internet. Will write a proper post and include some photos etc by this weekend.

Love to you both.

AB

Linda said...

Great Bookmark - I love the image and colouring. Thanks for playing along with The Squirrel and The Fox, hope we'll see you again soon!

Linda x

Anonymous said...

OMGosh what super cute project! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Carrie said...

OMGosh what a super cute project! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Carrie said...

OMGosh what an adorable project! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

OMGosh what a super cute project! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie