Labels

31 May 2011

Stars and Stripes

We made it safely on the first leg of our trip... an overnighter, 479 nautical miles from Imperia, Italy to Vibo marina in Italy (we are now just about on top of the arch of the foot of the boot - if that makes sense).  It was a very calm and uneventful trip with almost flat calm conditions... amazing!  We have refuelled, will get some rest, and tomorrow we will travel to the island of Kephalonia in Greece.  Once we get to Greece we probably won't have internet for a little while unfortunately, so no more posting from me (except Thursday's scheduled new release post!).

Today I have a card to share that I made on the weekend for the Simon Says Stamp stars and stripes challenge.  I have used Monster Mission from Little Miss Muffet stamps and I got the boys (the crew) to help choose his colours : )






































































The papers are from October Afternoon and the sentiment stamp is a new one to me from Maya Road.  I have coloured Monster Mission with copics (see details below) and added Stickles to the flame of the rocket and Glossy Accents to the red highlights on the rocket.  I have also added the obligatory googly eyes to the poor wee monster.

Here are the copics I used:




















Now I'm off to have a nap... We did 4 hours on, 4 hours off watches yesterday and last night, and we didn't get much sleep in our 4 hours off (we have a rather noisy boat), so we are all pretty tired.

Happy Tuesday!

Arabella Chickie in Vibo Marina, Italy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be going anywhere near Myrtos Beach, I wonder? Perhaps, just perhaps, you'll have an opportunity to take photos of the Poppies (not even sure it's the right time of year for that) and that stunning Ionian sea???

If you get a moment, can you please pick up a (very small) piece of stone from the island for me... or some sea glass shards?

AB

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) I love the image and the colours and design are perfect,, love his googly eyes :-)

OOhh how lovely to be sailing the med and crafting at the same time ,,,,:-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x