Labels

23 May 2011

Attitude of Gratitude # 14

Gosh, it's hard to believe that I've written so many of these things!!!

This is just a quick post 'cos I'm waiting on my littlest chickadee to arrive for a few hours of 'quality time' with Granny.

Which is why I'm grateful!  How wonderful is it that my daughter (New Mum Chick) and her man entrust me with the safe keeping of their greatest treasure?  It's not something I ever take for granted.

It's such an honour and a such a huge privilege to be able to 'baby-sit' at least one of my grand-children on a fairly regular basis.  I do get to spend time with our other two chickadees, but as they live in England it's something of a rarity... which is a great regret to both my man and I.  That said, when we do get to spend time with them it's as though we've never been apart.

Our grandson (we only have the one as yet) turned 2 yesterday!  I was there the day he was born and got to hold him in my arms when he was only just very newly hatched (about 2 hours old).  Such a wonderful treat... we had to wait for 2 1/2 mths to hold his sister for the first time. 

So, if you're a grandparent and you get to spend time with your grandchildren on a regular basis I hope you don't take that time for granted.  I'm constantly astounded at the 'moaning' of some of my friends when they're asked to baby-sit.  Hey girls, don't you realise that this time will all too soon be gone and you'll NEVER be able to have it back again?

So, make the most of your time with your grand-children (and your children!)...  it's a gift, not a right.  Our littlies are only ever loaned to us... here's NMC driving up the drive now.

Ciao

April Blackbird

5 comments:

ChickieChirps said...

That is so true. Life is beautiful and these little angels are such a blessing.
BB

ChickieChirps said...

Aren't you lucky Grandies to have at least one little chick to play with. She so loves you both too!

Arabella

Anonymous said...

Had an amazing day with her... she must have climbed into and out of that pram I picked up from Vinnies at least 100 times. Totally exhausted her... so she grabbed hold of her grobag and spread it carefully on the floor before lying down on it and trying to put it on herself... time to go to sleep Granny!

She's growing up too fast!!!!

AB

ChickieChirps said...

Oo, I look forward to this day! I had a little person eating chalk today so I think he's got a ways to go. :)
BB

Anonymous said...

That's 'okay' BB... I once had a little person who used to fill his small mouth with stones... fortunately, he never actually swallowed them. Think you know this person....

AB