Labels

22 May 2011

A little Princess...

There is a colour challenge going on at Tiddly Inks at the moment that is certainly challenging!  I took one look at it and thought... hhhmmm not too sure about those colours, but I decided to play along anyway.  Since I had a bit of time this morning, I had a quick look around and decided to combine three challenges:

Tiddly Inks - Photo inspiration
Mad for Markers - Copic coloured embellishments
Charisma Cardz Challenge #20- Birthdays in Pink

Here is the inspiration photo from Tiddly Inks:





















And here is my card:




































































































This is a little bit pinker and frillier than my usual cards, but you have try new things every now and then!  The image is Everyday Princess from Tiddly Inks and it is coloured with copics (see details below).  The papers are from Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye.  

I coloured the roses and leaves on the doily (purchased at the Carrefour in Antibes) with copics (see below) and I coloured the cream seam binding with R20 to match the skirt.
















Here are the copics I used for the image:

























Happy Sunday!  I'm off to Antibes tomorrow to do my fire fighting course... wish me fun!

Arabella Chickie in Imperia, Italy

16 comments:

Loopylou. said...

hiyah arabella! oh this is just the sweetest card, i love how you coloured the flowers on your doily too!!! thank you for popping in on the tiddly inks challenge blog with this little cutie hugs Lou xxx

Brodders said...

I agree with Lou , love how you have coloured the doily x Thanks for joining in with the tiddly inks challenge this week x

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Lovely card, Arabella!!! :) As usual! :)

Have fun doing fire fighting...:)

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you....

Must say, I understand these colours and the frills aren't your 'thing' but you sure put them together wonderfully never the less :)

Big hugs

AB

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card and I just love the pink and fillyness!! hehe!! Wow ... love how you coloured the roses on the doiley.. so pretty!
Thanks for joining in our colouring embellishments challenge!!
Sammi
xx

ChickieChirps said...

Ooo, I like her. Well done little fire-fighter. Perhaps we'll see a whole new theme of cards with your new inspiration the next three days!
BB

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Holly WOW! I love this card! The skirt is phenomenal and the colors of the design paper is just perfect!! I love the layers and that great doily too! Thanks for joining us again this week at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Larissa said...

Gorgeous cards Arabella! I like how you coloured the flowers on the doily. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

Oh, what a sweet card! Great use of our colors from the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Bron said...

WOW firstly I have to say your colouring is fantastic! I love the card the colours are so vibrant and fun. Love how you have added the detail with to the dollie for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at M4M hugs from Bron :D

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Just draw dropping gorgeousness! Stunning coloring!!!

mycardz said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love how you colored the doily ... very cool! So glad you could join us at Tiddly Inks this week! hugz, Mary

Gem said...

a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in our Birthdays in Pink challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

DonnaMundinger said...

So beautiful, Arabella! LOVE how you colored the doily! xxD

Susan said...

Very pretty Arabella and gorgeous colouring! Thanks for joining in the colouring embellishments challenge at Mad for Markers.
Susan xxox

Ashlee McGregor said...

This looks great...lovely colouring...and fantastic job colouring the roses on the doily, thanks for joining us at mad for markers :-) from ash