Labels

08 August 2011

Pollycraft Monday Challenge # 105: Recycle

Good morning!  It's Monday again!  Normally I hate Mondays, but this Monday is the second to last day of a 7 day guest trip, so tomorrow the guests leave and we get to get the boat cleaned and provisioned and ready for the next trip starting on Friday.  Which now that I write this, doesn't sound that appealing really, but at least we get to go home to our apartment Tues, Wed and Thursday nights!  If I'm lucky, I might even get some crafting time in!

So how did you like Paula's sketch challenge last week?  There were some fabulous entries and it was such a great sketch that I am definitely going to save it to use again.

The challenge this week at Pollycraft Monday Challenges is to use something or things recycled on your card.  That's a tough one for those of us that are Squary like me who like things to be all neat and tidy.  Luckily the Design Team girls have loads of inspiration to get you started.  And what is the prize this week you ask?  Well, it's a £10 voucher to use at My Mum's Craft Shop!


Here's my card:
This is Fluffy from the Critters and Cogs set at Pollycraft.  I think he's the reason I fell in love with Paula's images! I have coloured him with copics (see details below) and added googly eyes.  The design papers are from October Afternoon and Echo Park and the Postcard is a journalling card from October Afternoon.  I have used rub ons from Doodlebug designs for the sentiment.

So, what is recycled?
Well, I cut some old postage stamps off a letter and used them on the postcard.  The brown paper in the background is cut from a brown paper pharmacy bag.  The string I found in the kitchen drawer.  The flowers I made from tissue paper that came in my latest order of ribbons and charms from the Ribbon Girl.

Here's a close-up of the flowers:
These flowers were so easy to make!  I just roughly cut a bunch of different sized circles out of the tissue paper, scrunched them up a bit and poked a brad through the middle!  Simples!

Here's a close-up of Fluffy just because I love him...

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Catch the Bug: August Anything Goes Challenge
Paper Creators Crafts Challenge #4: All About Flowers
Frosted Designs: Coloring
Glitter Geeks Week 9:  Furry and Feathered Friends
Raise the Bar Challenge #69: Anything Goes

Hhmm... I cannot find the list of copics I used, but I can tell you that the blues are from the B0000 to B04 range and the yellows are probably YR30 and YR31 plus some Y000 and maybe Y11.  

Have a lovely Monday!

Arabella Chickie in Kythnos, Greece









16 comments:

Kylie said...

Your flowers are just awesome and it was a very clever idea to cut some stamps out and reuse those! Great card Arabella.

Hugs, xoxo

ChickieChirps said...

Arabella, how ingenious! You've so got your card-making mojo back.
BB xx

Sheena said...

Ooh love those tissue flowers and your brown paper and string, wait a minute - I love it all lol!! Sheena xx

Joey said...

Hiya Arabella

GORGEOUS card hunny I love all the different elements on it.

Joey x

Mary J said...

I am in love with this cutie too Arabella! Love all of the details - great use of all those items!

Maria Therese said...

Gooorgeous ♥♥

Steph L said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I love the postcard idea. (Think I may have to borrow that one ;-p) The stamps are fab, I may have to start peeling stamps off all my used envelopes in future lol. The creature is cute, the brown paper idea is so oriningal and the flowers are stunning. Everything about it is amazing. Well done you!!
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck. Hope to see you again soon.
Steph xx

Anita said...

Fabulous card Arabella and I love those tissue flowers, they're so pretty. (Did you see you made Top 3 over at Party Time Tuesdays?)

Faye said...

Gorgeous. I love it. The flowers. Wow. Want them. xxx

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it.

As for Monday's... I always think of them as my 'cleaning' days. Time for brushing out the cobwebs, paying bills, doing washing... time for clearing the energy for a fresh new week.

Enjoy your 'own' bed this week. Hope to chat sometime.

xxxx

me

Ann said...

I love Fluffy! What a fun card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!

Helen Anderson said...

Hi Arabella, this is a fantastic card, very well thought out and I love how you have recycled many of the ingredients!

Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

Helen xx

Unknown said...

love the flowers a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at paper creator`s crafts

Paul said...

Superb creation. Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug and our Anything Goes challenge for August.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Just awesome hun!!! Boy you used a lot of recycled stuff... and it all looks amazing! Well done!!!
Hugs, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Thanh Vo said...

This is such a sweet card, Arabella. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar in our anything goes challenge.