Labels

18 February 2011

A Triangle Tri Fold card

The challenge at the Bugaboo Stamps Catch the Bug Challenge blog this week is to make a card with a different kind of fold.  Another challenging challenge!  I must admit I'm not too fond of fancy looking folds and things, but if you hop over to the Catch the Bug challenge blog you will see that the sample cards from the design team are stunning and totally inspirational.  So, feeling inspired, I did a search and found a tutorial for a Triangle Tri Fold from Split Coast Stampers (see here... they have tonnes of other great tutorials too).

This is what the card looks like folded up...

























Then, when you untie the ribbon...




































Here are a couple of close-ups:












































This image is a digital freebie called Clyde from Bugaboo Stamps.  I just realised looking at these photos that I forgot to colour his nostrils in, so I will go and do that now!  The sentiment is from Amy R Sentiments (purchased from Funky Kits). The papers are from October Afternoon and the card itself is quite small (about 10cm square)... it was the largest I could make with an A4 sheet of card.  Next time I might try a bigger card using an A3.  I have just added to my collection of googly eyes from the local craft shop, so I thought these little ones would be perfect for Clyde.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl and the image is coloured with copics (see below for details).

















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Yay!  It's Friday!  Have a good one!

Arabella Chickie in Lavrio, Greece


8 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow what a fabulous card, i luv the shape, thanks for the link, great colouring,lovely papers,, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next tiem, sue,x

Julie said...

Oh wow - this is fabbie!! Gorgeous colours and fab design! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Crafty Emma's this week, Juliexx

Unknown said...

Freebie??wow..will have to pop over there!! your card is totally fabby hun!!Thanks for playing with us at CES xx

kaylou said...

super gorgeous card, thanks for joining our cute and cuddly challenge@CES.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Tammy Miller said...

What a GORGEOUS card. I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug for our Different Fold Challenge!.

Paul said...

The fold is fantastic. I love how you've coloured Clyde too. Think I may now have to go and colour in a purple dragon... Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and our 'Different Fold' challenge
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Min said...

I just LOVE this fold!! And the papers, patterns and colors with Clyde are just FABULOUS!!!
Thanks so much for playing along too with the Catch The Bug "Different Fold" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min
http://kayminkreations.blogspot.com

ChickieChirps said...

This is a stunning one - great choices of colours chica. Loving that you're delving into all these sorts of fun new things - Sal will be pleased!
BB