Labels

15 May 2010

A baby shoe prototype...

I have been busy lately crocheting a little bit every night. I am still trying to get my head around things, but I think I am learning a bit.

Here is my latest prototype baby shoe to try on my friend's little 3 month old baby Noah.  The yarn is Sirdar Snuggle Baby Bamboo and it feels really nice and soft to the touch and is easy to work with.












































The funky orange button was purchased at a tiny little old fashioned store here in Palma that is absolutely stacked full of boxes of buttons and crochet cotton.  It is run by a cute little older couple who only speak Spanish.  Thank goodness I am keeping up with my Spanish lessons!  The store is so crowded that I have to take my handbag off my shoulder when I go in in case I knock something down when I turn around.  Next time I go, I will ask if I can take a photo.

Here is a pic of the prototype with my favourite chocolate lolly at the moment (purchased from the food section of Ikea), to get a better idea of size.




















What do you think?  I really like the colours on this one.  The style is based on the Hi-Top Athletic shoe from the Gourmet Crochet Julian Blaise Collection of Baby Boy Shoes.  I have made quite a few changes to the pattern though.  I just hope I can work out what I did so that I can make the matching shoe to go with this one!

Arabella Chickie in Palma de Mallorca

No comments: