Labels

17 February 2010

Muffin Experiment #2, Chocolate Fudge Muffins

Today I decided to try those completely sinful Chocolate Fudge Muffins that have been haunting my dreams lately.  I couldn't find a recipe in my files, so I did a quick internet search and decided on these suitably evil looking ones from My Mum's Muffins.

I made a few changes to the recipe... I didn't have sour cream, so I substituted creme fraiche and I don't like nuts in my muffins and cakes, so I substituted Nestle dark chocolate drops.

The result:
















The verdict:
They rose well, they had a nice crispy exterior and a softish interior.  They would have been super super yummy, but... they were too salty.  I did use salted butter, but I always do, so that shouldn't have been a problem... The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of salt (which isn't much), but I think next time (probably tomorrow) I will try 1/4 tsp of salt.  I have noticed that the salt I purchased recently seems to be more salty (if that's possible) than usual.  Definitely a recipe to keep anyway, but the muffin texture is more like a brownie or cake than a muffin.


















I'll let you know how tomorrow's batch turns out.

Arabella Chickie in Palma de Mallorca


No comments: