Labels

24 December 2010

Merry Christmas

Well I had big plans (in my head) for Xmas. I figured since it was our first with Chickie, I would go all out and make a really big effort. Then reality took over and right now (Xmas Eve) I'm just pleased that we have all the necessary requirements in the fridge, that the tree is up and pressies wrapped.  I think I forgot that with a very active little one around, there really isn't much spare time for things like baking and making elaborate Adrian Zumbo Christmas trees out of biscuits! Alas, next year then.

April B stayed over last night so hubby and I could go out. Unfortunately we were so exhausted that we only managed a quick dinner out then home to bed. I was really wanting to see a movie, but would have just slept through the whole thing. Anyway, this morning April B helped me to make and decorate a Gingerbread House (well let's be honest, I just stuck some smarties on the house as a token gesture, really it was all her doing). Actually I ate quite a few Smarties too, which upset Chickie as she really wanted some too but obviously isn't allowed (how long can I continue with these double standards?). Anyway, it was great fun and in the end we were rather pleased with our efforts!  So that was our token of creativeness and going the extra mile for Xmas.

Tonight hubby and I intend to enjoy some seafood outside following which I'm hitting the sack and the good man that he is, hubby will be taking his mum to Midnight mass.  Tomorrow all the family arrive to eat the worlds biggest Turkey, then the 3 of us retreat to our beach spot for a week of R & R. So have a wonderful Xmas all. We will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Lots of love NMC xx

1 comment:

ChickieChirps said...

have a lovely one. I hear you on the christmas present wrapping - quite simple and classic this year!
Peace
BB