Labels

23 May 2012

Summer holiday

Good morning!  I'm back with my second Tiddly Inks card to share with you this week!  Did you meet the new Wryn-Beach Babe yesterday? Isn't she gorgeous?! Christy is bringing out new images so fast I can barely keep up!  

This one is using Wryn - Joy Ride... she was released a few weeks ago, but I didn't get a chance to colour her up straight away.  The instant I saw her I thought she would be perfect for a summer holiday card...






































































How cute is she?!  I really wanted to use some purple again as I feel the purples are some of my least used colours and yet I love the colour purple.  I also had some fab purple blings (by Prima) and buttons (by Doodlebug) to use, so I coloured the card in a shade of purple to match those.

The papers are a mixture from my stash.  The green one is from Crate Paper, the other two I'm not sure about.  The tree is wooden (maybe balsa wood???) from a local craft shop here and I cut the 'sun' using my Slice machine. The charm is from my stash.  I added Glossy accents to the windows of the car and to the hub caps.  I wrote (in tiny lettering) on Wryn's luggage labels... hard to read, but one says 'Holiday' and the other 'Road Trip'.   I also added Stickles to the car's headlight.  The two stickers are from October Afternoon.

Here are the copics I used:























I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges: Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday Challenges: Word inspiration: Vacation; The Twist: Keep it Simple
Simon Says Stamp and Show: A summer holiday
Phindy's Place Challenges: Summer is coming

That's nearly it from me today!  We were planning to take the boat out for a spin today and getting in the water (not me... I'm not a big fan of baring my non-bikini body, although I have lost weight recently... I'm down to 2kg heavier than when we my husband and I got married 9 years ago and 4kg heavier than when we met... so 5kg to go to get to a happy place) to clean the jets and hull, but it has turned out to be quite a bit windier than expected and it wouldn't be very pleasant at all, so maybe tomorrow.

Ooh and in other news, my lovely husband has agreed to let me purchase the remaining copics on my list so that I can almost complete my collection!  It's a belated birthday prezzie... he made it a good one since he forgot my birthday on the day (in his defence he was super busy and stressed at work at the time).  I decided that I don't need the fluorescent ones just now and also some of the greys, but I might get them in the future.  I can't wait for them all to arrive!  

Which reminds me... I have a handful of copic original markers and one or two sketch markers that I purchased accidentally (double ups) that I don't need anymore.  I started my collection with copic originals, but switched to the Sketch markers pretty early on.  Would anyone be interested in taking them off my hands?  I'll update this post with a picture when I get home tonight.  I think they are mostly browns and blues.

Updated:  Here they are:















Updates Update:  These copics have now found a new home.


Have a lovely day!

Arabella Chickie in Athens, Greece

23 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Arabelle this is just super luvvvv the car so like my little Beetle and a beautiful colour!

You are a lucky girl to get more sketch markers I just have the originals and my DH didn't think I needed those never mind the sketchers!!!! lol

Hope you had a great day with the boat! Love Chanelle xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous fabulous colours too huggles Pops x x x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this looks so totally awesome I love this image & brought as soon as it was released but sad to say still not had time to use it :0( I love the scene you have created hun you really are so talented I just love to look at your creations.
Fabby about the copics hun what a darling he is.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Melina said...

I love how you colored that cute image and the tree embellishment is adorable! Thank you for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

Rachel Parys said...

I love this image, it's so silly! You made a perfect scene for her, it's super cute! Now if I could just get a purple car like that for myself.... ;)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Arabelle
A fabulous card love the image and great colour's thankyou for joining us this week at Bearly Mine
Hugs Dianne xx

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...I so love this little image...great coloring and love the glossy accents..

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, another wonderful card - love the little scene you've made. The little charm is just adorable and an inspired touch.

Perfect colour as well, almost you make me think I need some Copics - the Promarkers just don't have a very good range of purple at all.

Your hubby sounds like a very nice chappie as well! Well done on the weight loss - I'm trying but have been trying for ages and have only managed to loose a stone in a year - not good enough! And I don't expect that I'll ever get back to pre-marriage weight, tho I suppose I can dream!

Sarah

Mette said...

Love the scene you have created here. And what fabulous colours and super image.
Pfff - think I need to get myself a hubby lol. I have just placed an order for my very first copics (5 skin colours), I have a feeling they may just be better than Promarkers so I am starting my collection (slowly). Browns and blues would com in handy hehe

Hugs, Mette

Evy G said...

What a great card! i just LOVE that tree!

Hugs,

Evy

Anonymous said...

What an achievement! Losing all that weight! Hope my son is looking just as good :) ?

Mine just sits... need to get out for more walks.

Biggest hugs

me

eva said...

oh, love this card and her purple car! i love all the wryns! she is just so adorable!

Pia S said...

Such a sweet card and a lovely image! Love the tree you have added - really decorative!

Cheryl said...

I loooooovvvveeee this card! You colored the image beautifully. I love the fun scene you created. Totally fabulous!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Arabella this is the cutest! I love that tree chippy and it is such a cute little scene :D Hope you had a fantastic day out on the boat and you must be so excited about fulfilling your copic collection! :D

Laura Bradley said...

I love this Arabella! It is fab! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Laura x

Shelby said...

Love that card! The tree is just perfect and of course your coloring is spot on perfect. congrats on your weight loss, and I'm sure you'll reach your goal!!!

Shelby

Laney said...

Super cute Arabella super colouring too thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Cards By MI said...

What a lovely card. It looks wonderful and the colours is yum. Thanks for playing with us at Bearly Mine this week. Good luck!
Love n hugs
Marie

tiggertastic said...

i love your shading of the purple and the grey - you are so good with copics
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise

I HAVE CANDY ON My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

Patty Gorka said...

This is just darling! I love the mixed papers you used and what lovely cloring!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How cute! I love that sun!

Thank you for going on Vacation with the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

RiNNE said...

Oh my, for a moment there I thought you colored that lovely image with just those few markers! HEe heeee! Then I thought, Wow she really did some magic! :) I saw your card at the TI blog & guessed that it was yours! I love this scene!