Labels

02 May 2012

Some News and a Sketch Challenge at Some Odd Girl!

Grrrr... is anyone else having problems with Blogger not posting scheduled posts lately?  What a pain!

Hello!  Good evening!  I've got news... I'm so excited!  I've been holding this in for a while, but...  I'm now officially an Odd Girl!!!    I'm taking the place of Iwona who unfortunately had to step down because of other (very exciting) commitments.. so I've got huge shoes to fill!  I'm sure Iwona won't be far away from the land of SOG though!  I must admit I'm very nervous being in the company of such amazing colourists!  Do head over to SOG and check out their awesomeness!

So, since it's the first of May, there is a new challenge starting at Some Odd Girl and it's my favourite type of challenge... a sketch challenge!

Here's the sketch:



















And here's my first official SOG card using Warm Wishes Tia who will be available in the shop again in September:







































































Isn't she adorable?!  The papers I used are from October Afternoon and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.  I stamped the sentiment onto an October Afternoon sticker.  The extra wee text sticker are from October Afternoon as well.  The snowflakes I stamped in red on the right hand side come with Tia.

Here's a close up:
























And here are the copics I used:



















I hope you can join us this month!  You've got until the end of the month to get your creation in, so dig our your SOG digis or stamps and get stamping!

Ciao!

Arabella

20 comments:

Carla S. said...

Congratulations, Arabella! Love your card! The papers are terrific and you've colored the cute image wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Oooh Arabella, well done you! Big congrats on the new DT!!

Fab card as well, as always!

Sarah

PS - I had a wander over to have a look at the blog, and espied your piccie! I feel like I've met you properly now that I've 'seen' you!!

eva said...

wonderful news!! congrats! love your cute little card too! awesome coloring, so i think you fit right in with the rest of the SOG dt.

Maria Therese said...

Congrats sweetie!!!
Had a look in that other girls blog and you will fill her shoes and even knock her socks off!!

Sheena said...

Well done you! Sheena xx

Trina said...

Honey, you are so on the level over at SOG; you're fantastic! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! You will do fabulous....love this card, so adorable! Love the colors so pretty! Hugs! Leah Ann

Mary J said...

Woo hoo!!! Well done Arabella, I can't wait to see all of your creations for them! This one is gorgeous!

Rachel Parys said...

Congrats! How exciting!!! This card that you did for the challenge is AWESOME! Your coloring always blows my mind! Way to go girl!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Stunning girlie!! So glad you are with us on the team!! Just a gorgeous creation!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Cheryl said...

Oh gosh! I don't know if it can get any cuter than this. Great card design - I especially love how you have the words/sentiment. As always, your coloring is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Well done, chickadee! You're doing some wonderfully crafty magic here.

AB

Mette said...

Congratz sweetie and I am sure you'll be a wonderful asset to the team.
Wonderful xmas card full of happiness and cheer. Love it.

Hugs, Mette

RiNNE said...

So happy for you, Arabella! So well-deserved with your fab designs and coloring!! I know you'll totally rock SOG, and it'll be exciting to see a 'familiar face' over there :). Your coloring is fab here and I love the sentiments an paper!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Arabella that is awesome news!! I am so super excited for you...you absolutely deserve it :D Love all of the details on here and as always your colouring is amazing!

Amanda R said...

Congrats Arabella well deserved and smart of Kristy to snatch you right up! Love your coloring (as always!), your shadows on her face are awesome!

Anita said...

Congratulations Arabella - they are lucky to have you! Your card is absolutely gorgeous - beautifu coloring and fab papers.

Shelby said...

Big congratulations! I'm sure you'll fill the shoes just fine and be absolutely amazing.

Shelby

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Congratulations and welcome to the team! :D Love how the colors aren't in your face Christmas and the words around the image are so much fun! Gorgeous coloring. :D

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is adorable...such a great take on the sketch...