Labels

10 May 2012

Mushroom Fairy!

Hello!  Good evening!  I'm late again for my Fairy post today!!!  Next time I'll get the time zone conversions right I promise!

Well today we are showcasing the last of Kristy's new Fairies (get yours HERE) and I must say this one is totally adorable, but then I say that about all of them!    Head over to the Some Odd Girl blog to find out how you can win today's Mushroom fairy digi and check out the fabulous cards from the DT!

Here's mine:





































































I used a mix of paper from my stash, some October Afternoon, Crate Paper and I think My Little Shoebox.  The Beautiful Day banner is a punch out piece from Pink Paisley.  The ribbon and twine is from The Ribbon Girl and the cute little mushroom charm is from The Secret Garden on Da Wanda.  The sentiment is a sticker from SRM.

I coloured the adorable Miss Mushroom Fairy with copics (see details below) and added Stickles to her wings.  I'm trying to get more depth in my skin tones lately... it's so hard!  I'm always worried I'm going to overdo it, and I'm having a bit of trouble with my paper not accepting all the layers of ink.  I think it might be time to do a bit of paper research.  I have some Cryogen on its way to me and I quite like X-Press it.  I will have to do a side by side comparison.  I also realised after I had already coloured her shroom hat that I had chosen the light source coming from a difficult direction, so  I struggled a bit with her nose...

Here's a close-up:























Here are the copics I used:


















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenges #66: Things with wings
LEJ Designs Challenges: Things with wings
Paper Minutes #216: Mushrooms

I hope you enjoyed the New Releases this week at Some Odd Girl!  

Have a lovely evening!  

Arabella

18 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Arabella! Love the papers and cute image! Great coloring!

Unknown said...

How adorable is this. I really love it very much

Faye said...

Hey Chickie. FAB layout. Love the clouds, love the flower. Love your colour choices. There's a whole lotta lovin here. xxx

Danni said...

What a happy, wonderful card! Love it!

Unknown said...

Really super colouring and image.Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs Challenge Blog this week.

Kerry

eva said...

love your card design! awesome coloring too! can't blame you with the time differences, i can't keep it straight in my head either!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

Unknown said...

How adorable! Your coloring is fabulous...and her cute little lips :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

cotnob said...

This is great, very original. I love the cute image and your fab layout.
Thank you for joining us Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Anita said...

Oh, this is just sooo cute! I love this fairy and your papers are just perfect for her. That mushroom charms is adorable too.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She is too cute! I love the colours I used on her. I always like doing lots and lots of layers and I think the best paper I have found is either the nina or the make it crafty. The rest just don't hold the ink as well as I would like :) Hope that helps at all!

Heike said...

cool, a mushroom girl. I like it.

Hugs, Heike

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab card, I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab, a really fun feel to this card, love it. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Shelby said...

Completely gorgeous and love your shading and highlighting.

Shelby

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here. It fits perfectly for the Bearly Mine Challenge Blog. Thank you for taking part in this challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

tiggertastic said...

this is such a fun image, lovely work
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

Lou Mac said...

Love. Love. Love.
I honestly don't know what I would do without your blog - it's freakin' drool worthy girl!! xo

RiNNE said...

Your coloring just brings her to life...love how vibrant this card is!