Labels

17 February 2011

Monochromatic card

The challenge this week at the Tiddly Inks challenge blog (Challenge number 38) is to make a totally monochromatic card (including the image).  I was a little bit put off at first, but I decided to try out some sepia tones.  Then I had a bit of a panic moment as I didn't think I had any brown pattern paper to match it with, but don't you just love how most of the paper companies print different coordinating papers on the reverse of the page?  I managed to find about 6 different browns, so I ended up with plenty to choose from.












































































After I coloured up the image (a digital freebie from Tiddly Inks) my husband was very sceptical.   He was thinking the card would look really bland, meanwhile I was thinking it would be a great boy card, so I was a bit disappointed by his initial reaction to the image.  But when I finished the card he was quite surprised to find it actually looks quite nice.

I coloured the image with copics and added Glossy Accents to the balloons (of course).  I stitched around the papers and dyed my white lace with Distress inks (Walnut).  I also coloured the bling with my copics (E37) to make it tone in.  I think the papers are a mixture of My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket.

Here are the copics I used (I would have used E50 rather than E0000, but I need to get a re-inker for it):



















Happy Thursday!

Arabella Chickie in Lavrio, Greece

14 comments:

Hlora said...

It is so beautiful) Very good markers to paint this beauty with))) Sorry, I have not the same...

Loopylou. said...

omg Bo looks adorable hun and i love your choice of papers,the stitching is really cute too.thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xx

Jules said...

this is adorable! love the glossy balloons!

Lysa said...

Love these shades of brown and the shiny balloons!

Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Anonymous said...

True artform this! Well done!

AB

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Just gorgeous!!! I LOVE the sepia tones!! The shiny balloons are just the PERFECT touch!!!

Great job and thanks for joining us at TI this week!!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the glossy balloons. Thanks for joining us over on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog.
Caz

PS...The card also fits the theme over on Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is fantastic!! Love the warm colors and so perfect for a boy card!!! Just tell hubs he was wrong! LOL Thanks for playing with us this week at Tiddly Inks!
hugs,
M

Hazel said...

Love your image, its coloured beautifully,
H xx

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Your coloring is gorgeous on this! Fabulous card and I love the stitching. thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week.

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card! I love your colouring and the glossy accents on the balloons is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Tracy Jedi said...

This card is adorable! I love the sepia colors you used! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Oh, wonderful card! Glad you decided to join us this week at Tiddly Inks!

Aussieleigh said...

Gorgeous use of browns for the monochromatic look and such a cute puppy! Thanks for being a Tiddly Inker!