Labels

31 October 2011

Best Witches!

Hi!  It's Sunday and the clocks went back this morning, only we forgot and we didn't get our sleep in!  I feel totally robbed.  We turned up to work early too!  

The guests came for lunch on the boat today and since it was a wintery day and I had 8 egg yolks in the fridge from the pavlovas I made last week I decided to try out a bread and butter pudding recipe that I got from another yacht chef.  Yum!

This week the challenge at Tiddly Inks was to make a card using the following colours...





It's a tough one right?  I wasn't going to enter as I didn't think I could make a card without putting any red on it!  But I decided to give it a go anyway...  

Here's what I came up with:





































































This image is called Higgelty. The papers I have used are from My Mind's Eye and October Afternoon.  The charm is from The Ribbon Girl as is the ribbon.  The swirly bling is from Prima.  I have coloured Higgelty with copics (see details below).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks #70: Silvery Blues
The Secret Crafter #158: Spooky or Whimsical 
Glitter Geeks #21: Ghosts and Ghouls, Spiders and Spooks
Polka Doodles #43: Mystical and Magical

These are the copics I used:




















Have a lovely Sunday evening!

Arabella Chickie in Glyfada, Greece

20 comments:

Sherry said...

You did amazing. You nailed the color challenge. This is by far the cutest halloween card that I've seen. I wish I could color like you with copics.
Great Job.
Sherry

Anita said...

It's fabulous Arabella. Beautiful coloring and I really like the little broom cut-out and the charm.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH MY OH MY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this creation Arabella!! Wow your coloring is superb and I love that paper - my minds eye right?? Gorgeous bling addition too - thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!
hugs,
M

PinksyDoodles said...

Great card and fab embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
Clare x

downrightcrafty said...

oh what a gorgeous creation, thank you for sharing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested :)

Saskia said...

Wow! lovely, spooky card! Great to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia

**I have some yummy Polka Doodles Candy on my blog...Feel free to take a look!**

jonim52 said...

Love the color combo and layout. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.

Lana Clarke said...

Gorgeous spooky creation and thank you for joining us at PolkaDoodles xx

Unknown said...

Well, it doesn't seem as if this color combo was hard for you! Your card looks just fabulous! So glad you could join our challenge at Tiddly Inks this week!

Larissa said...

Wow Arabella! Stunning card! You said on my blog that this was a really hard challenge, but you did so well!! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Loopylou. said...

hi arabella!!
oh higelty looks absolutely awesome in her silvery blues and the papers you used are scrumptious too!!
thank you for popping over to play with the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xxx

Doreen said...

So cool. Love the colour combo.
Gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week. Doreen

Nelly said...

Oh simply stylish! love this card and colour combo...Thanks for joining in this week glitter Geeks Challenge...Nelly :)

s4rah said...

Love this, what a cool colour scheme and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!

Paula said...

Fab colours and design, love it!! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :)

Unknown said...

Really cool card. Its not the usual Halloween colors, but they definitely work. I love Copics :-D

Daniele said...

such a wonderful Halloween card thank you for joining us at Polkadoodle
hugs

ccroll said...

Love the colors, Arabella! :)

Anonymous said...

You are truly a SUPERSTAR! Love your work and this card is simply supreme.

AB

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in my Magical/mystical challenge at Polkadoodles, and for sharing lovely your work with us! Super card - love the colour! Cheers Claire x