Labels

18 June 2010

A new first for Chickadee

Now that life is settling down a little I'm trying to make time to do things that I have put off for a while ... hence have just been to the dentist for a check up. Fortunately I have good teeth, so have never minded this particular requirement. Chickadee however was rather tired and decided that she would not like to be held by one of the lovely nurses, nor sit in her stroller. Needless to say, whilst I was in the chair, Chickadee lay on my chest, face up, treating mummy like her play mat, having a fabulous time.It was just like being pregnant again as she kicked and squirmed, wriggling her bum into my bladder. Oh the memories. Chickadee rather enjoyed all the sights and sounds and tried hard to put her little fingers everywhere they shouldn't go - trying to help of course! As the appointment drew to a close I turned Chickadee onto her tummy whilst simultaneously trying to manage a mouthful of fluoride paste. Needless to say she vomited all over me and I landed up with fluoride in places it didn't belong. Fortunately I know the dentist well ... he didn't seem to mind!
New Mum Chick

2 comments:

ChickieChirps said...

That's hilarious! I can just see the picture! The things you mothers have to put up with!

Arabella

ChickieChirps said...

I'd never imagined this scenario! Thank you for showing me how it can be done with style :)

Bookie-bird