Labels

30 May 2011

Did u phail slpeling?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor
of the hmuan mnid.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't
mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in
a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt
tihng is taht the frist and lsat
ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and
you can sitll raed it wouthit a
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod
as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas
thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

2 comments:

ChickieChirps said...

Ha ha I love this! I was able to read the whole thing at pretty much normal pace... bizarre! The only word that had me pause for a second was sitll... I think my brain immediately read sit and ignored the extra two l's!

Arabella

Anonymous said...

One has to wonder whether we can read it because we have been so well 'programmed'... would we still be able to read it if we already had very poor 'spelling'?

It's interesting (to me) that a lot of very, very intelligent people (i.e. engineers) cannot spell properly.

The brain is a fascinating thing!

AB