Labels

11 September 2012

Winter Friends at Some Odd Girl

Hi There!  Yep, I'm late again... our long working weekend went longer than expected and I ran out of oomph to post this last night... so while we are sitting here in the bay in Loutraki in a howling gale (which kept us awake most of the night) waiting to get through the Korinth canal, I thought I had better get caught up!   We have new releases being showcased this week at Some Odd Girl!!!  Did you see them yet?  Head on over and check them out... they're so cute.

Here's my take using the two penguins from Winter Friends set plus some accessories:



Aren't they ca-ute?!  I love their chubby little faces : )  I paper pieced the bow tie, tie and hat using papers from Cosmo Cricket.  The rest of the papers are from October Afternoon I think.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl and the charm is from my stash.   I cut the star tag using my Slice machine and used one of the sentiments that comes with the Winter Friends set.

Here's a close-up:

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Love to Create Challenge: Show us your ribbon
The Crazy Challenge: Seeing Spots

Copic Colours used:
Grey: W00, 1, 3, 5, 9
Apricot: YR0000, 00
Yellow: YR20, 21, Y17, YR27
Cheeks and mouth: R20, 22

Have a lovely day!  I'll be back soon to share today's new releases at Some Odd Girl!

Arabella


13 comments:

Loopylou. said...

awwwwwww this is way too cute arrabella!! awwwww!!! just gorgeous hun
huge hugs Lou xxx

Faye said...

Fab colour palette Hun. You've done an awesome job with these cuties.

You'll be back on dry land soon. Take care. X

Faye said...

Naff! I always do that when it's someone I 'know'! Thanks also for playing at Cupcake this week. X

Anita said...

Gorgeous card Arabella. I love those adorable penguins. Sitting in a boat in the water during a huge storm is not my idea of fun ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, cooooeeee!! Still making gorgeous cards, just that I haven't been here to see them, and they are totally gorgeous.

Hope you're not working too hard and look out for me visiting more now that She Who Must be Obeyed is back at school.

Cheerio
Sarah

Patti Okerstrom said...

I love the glow you got going on here on the card very very beautiful!!!! One of my favs so far

Sue said...

Awwwww I LOVE those cutie penguins and the colours and layout are fabulous

Hugs Sue

Anonymous said...

Aww, they are so cute and love the colours...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

RiNNE said...

Thanks for sharing the color combos! I think the warmer tones you used on the penguins are awesome!! Cute card!

Annette Allen said...

aww how totally adorable..

Ellen said...

I agree... these penguins are so cute! Lovely card too! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Crafty and Green said...

Darling!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge this Week!! We hope you will come back and play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Plastic Cards Printing said...

What a cute card. So special design. I like the softness of the colors and that image is absolutely adorable. I appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing.