Labels

21 September 2010

Packing for London!

Only two more 'sleeps' until I get on the plane to London.  It's all very 'busy-busy' here... which is my excuse for not blogging these past days.  So busy, I've even done the unthinkable and created a 'to-do' list.

I'm looking really forward to seeing all my UK chickadees again, it always feels like forever ago since we saw them last.  We've had a pleasant surprise... my dad has booked a ticket to fly over from Durban in South Africa.  He's never met our littlest boy and has only ever seen our 'big' girl twice, and he's looking really forward to seeing everyone again too.

Amidst all the excitement is the underlying 'angst' of knowing that our big girl is going to be having her tonsils and adenoids out (which is why I'm going over... to help).  I'm sure she'll be just fine.  I've been talking to my Angels and I'm sure they'll arrange that she isn't in pain and recovers quickly. 

By the time I get back our littlest girl will well and truly be on her feet.  She got so excited when she managed to pull herself up on the couch yesterday (she had a little bit of help).  Life is so exciting when you're learning how to do everything.

Now I have to rush... have phone calls to make, washing to iron and packing to do.  I want to get as much done today as possible so I can have a 'goodbye' visit with my daughter and her daughter tomorrow morning.

Speak soon... I'll try to blog in Dubai.  Yes, I'm flying Emirates.

April Blackbird

No comments: