Labels

22 March 2010

Fresh fruit cake...

We all know a fruit cake should mature for at least three months, but I have to tell you that my fresh fruit cake tested pretty good yesterday.  In fact, it was scrumptious.

 
It looked pretty cute too!  The lacy ribbon on the bottom was saved from the parents' wedding cake and I had the dusky pink ribbon in my 'ribbon' box.  The cake looks nothing like I'd intended it to, but I'm pretty happy with the path my inspiration took me down.

I made the little flowers and did a poor job of piping their centres (the icing wasn't soft enough and I was in a hurry so I didn't go back and remix it as I should have).

Our littlest Chickadee's parents loved the cake and I suppose that's all I ever really wanted. 

April Blackbird

1 comment:

ChickieChirps said...

It looks beautiful! Love the purple!

Arabella